Saturday, February 2, 2008

New Year - New Venture

As some of you who have been following this blog know, I've been kicking around various ideas for a home based business. One of those ideas has centered on woodworking.

I have always enjoyed working with wood; anything from repair and restoration to new creations.

Anyway, in mid November we gave this idea some more serious thought and decided to give it ago. You can read about some of how we came to this decision by reading one of the past posts:

Not Much Happened

The plan is to convert the little red barn, or as SWMBO says, 'little red shed', into the woodshop. It isn't that bad of a size to start with, 14.5'x24.5'.















The picture shows what it "should" look like when it is done. However, the picture is of a 12'x20' shop.

The best part is that I have most of the major power tools depicted. I'm only lacking #9, 10, 13.

Thanks to Christmas, I was able to have a few toys added to the inventory.

A couple of those toys are pictured below.

SWMBO's parents gave me the scroll saw.

Thanks to my side of the family, I was able get a new table saw. There will be many enhancements done to each such as a feed table.

Now, this Ryobi thickness planner wasn't a Christmas gift. I got it almost two years ago in order to do some work on the fence. Needless to say, it hasn't been used yet.






All I really need to do now is come up with a good name for the business.

I am going to try and specialize in furniture restoration and repair. After this I might try my hand at custom cabinetry and fencing.

Oh well - wish me luck!

No comments: