Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quick Up-Date on the Bleach

Hello Again everyone!

Thought I'd get in a quick post about the wood bleaching.

We were planning on applying bleach to all the stained wood today around 3 in the afternoon. However, SWMBO wasn't feeling too good (I think she's getting the 'crud' that's going around here) so I decided to do just a small patch instead. I really wanted to see what would happen but I didn't want to fill the house with bleach smell if she isn't feeling well.

After apply the bleach (about an 1/8 of a cup), and rubbing it in, I left it alone. I was a bit depressed because nothing happened!!

About two hours later SWMBO and I went out for a bit and before we left I checked it again.

This time there HAD been a change!!

WOOWHOO!!!

Take a look.

The bleach did take a lot of the stain out!














Tomorrow I'll saturate the rest with bleach and give it a chance to work. I'll also wait and see what Mr. Neil has me do next.

Well, till next time...

Cheers!
Larry

1 comment:

Jason and Heather said...

I'm in the same situation as you are. The trim in my study came out way too dark.

I'd like to try this method but one thing you didn't mention is if it would work when there is poly over the stain. It's oil based satin poly.

I'm thinking it probably wont work.