Thursday, August 19, 2010

Quick Fishscale Up-date

Hey Everyone -

Thought I'd give you all a quick up-date.

We didn't get to work on the outside of the house due to rain on Tuesday, but Wednesday and today went rather well, even though we got a late start.

The fishscale on the South dormer is over 90% done.

The only reason the rest isn't scraped is due to the ladder being separated into two pieces and the lateness of the day. Tomorrow it will get done.

Speaking of tomorrow... I snagged a sweet deal on Craigslist; a REAL SWEET deal. It will make the higher areas easier to work with. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see it - ROAD TRIP!!!

I'll leave you with this picture. Consider it something like the 'Where's Waldo' game.

Look for the fishscales that are 'darker'. Those fishscales are the ones where the Emerald Green paint soaked into the scales like a stain.

Also, we found evidence that the molding was painted the same color.

Anyway, that's about it for now.

Till next time...

Cheers!
Larry ~

1 comment:

Jan Marie said...

Oh boy....I can't wait to see what you scored. My husband wants me to keep checking Craigslist for a manual man lift. We will be totally jealous if you get one.

The scraping is looking great. I scraped for an hour and a half and semi stripped a two by two foot area. Needless to say we are replacing the cedar shingles.