Hey everyone, thought I'd post a couple of quick pics from today's efforts.
Doesn't seem like much, but it took a long time to do this.
Here's the big hole I made today. Tomorrow I will get the new floor installed.
I'm not replacing it will tongue-n-groove but with standard OSB floor boards.
The master plan is to cover the entire inside perimeter in 1/2 OSB to add strength for the power tools and benches. So, once this is done it won't even be noticeable.
This is the repair to the sill.
Only the top inch was rotted, so all I did was shore it up with another piece of lumber.
Tomorrow I will add a top cap to make up the thickness.
Hopefully tomorrow will go better than today. I ruined another saw blade due to those hidden, $%#@^%$&, nails! I can't believe they used such large nails for this application. At least it was a circular saw blade and not another Multimaster blade.
Oh well...talk to you all later!
Built-Ins and Fireplace Makeover
5 days ago