Monday, November 12, 2007

YES!!! We Have Wood!!

I thought some of you might like to see the wood work a little better.

All of these pics are from the bottom, lefthand area of the door way leading into the foyer from the kitchen.

Thought I got a pic of the corner rundal on each side of of the door but it looks like I didn't.

It took me an entire day to strip the paint off both rundals and the two bases. I had to use a modified piece of metal no thicker than a razor blade; about 10mm wide and 30mm long to do the stripping on these.

The rundals were so coated with paint that you could hardly see them. I really wish I would have gotton some 'before' pics of these two!

Oh well....

They aren't quite finished yet; the residue needs to be removed and some finish sanding needs done. But it does look a lot better.





No comments: